Monday, August 30, 2010

My Greatest Treasure



Our first assignment this year is to create a picture of 'Your Greatest Treasure'.  Each student was encouraged to think of the one thing that is the most important thing in the world to them, the thing they cannot live without, and to make a picture of it.

My Greatest Treasure is my family, so I showed the students paintings I have made of my family members.

Artists create works of art that have personal significance to them.  An artist will not make art unless it is important or meaningful to them.  This is our first lesson as artists this year.  No matter what I assign, I want the students to look for ways to adapt the assignment so that they are creating something that is meaningful to them (and still shows that they are learning the concepts taught)!

No comments: