Saturday, May 30, 2009

Belated composition post


SORRY! SORRY! SORRY! I told the 3 grade classes that I would post these pictures of their composition pastel artworks after Mother's Day so that I wouldn't ruin the surprise for those giving them to their mothers as gifts. Then, I forgot. OOPS!

However, better late than never! Here they are. They turned out absolutely stunning! I just love how vibrant pastels are. These were done on black paper. That really shows how powerful the medium is.

Notice that the two center bottom images bear a striking resemblance to each other. Two students decided to share an image and view finder to do the same composition, then colored it in their own unique way. LOVE IT!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

NikonSniper said...

This is very cool.
Kate ... todays photos were for you. Thanks for the tip.
NikonSniper Steve